What is LCC's CEEB or School Code?   It is: 050-858

What are the high school graduation requirements?
How can I research colleges & careers?  
  • The best way to research colleges and careers is through Naviance.  See below for how to log on.  

How do I register for Naviance?  Your registration code is your student ID#.

Where do I get a work permit?

  • You can pick up a work permit at the front desk in the administration building at LCC.

How is credit awarded?

  • Each semester class is awarded 5 credits, if passed (D or better). Each semester is a final grade. To stay on track to graduate students should be earning at least 30 credits per semester.

I heard 9th grade classes and grades don't count. Is this true?

  • All classes and grades count in high school.  All grades are computed into the cumulative GPA. The 9-12 cumulative GPA is used by many private colleges and universities.

What does UC/CSU approved classes mean?

  • The California Public University system has designated which of our classes they will accept as "subject requirements" for admission.  These subject requirements demonstrate that the student is prepared for the rigors of college work at the UC/CSU campuses

Where can I get a SAT/ACT Fee Waiver? 

  • See your School Counselor.

How should I choose my classes? What classes look better to colleges? When comparing grades for honors, regular and AP classes, which looks better for a student to have: an A in a regular class or a C in a honors/AP class?

  • Students should consult with their parents, teachers and counselors in making course selections and selections of levels of courses. While consistency is important, the types of classes you take and the grades you earn are extremely important. We encourage students to seek out new academic experiences and exposure to new ideas and we have many course selection options. Meeting with a counselor to plan course selections and discuss college options would be beneficial in helping you decide whether or not you want to continue with a particular subject.

  • Generally speaking, colleges would like to see students challenge themselves to as great a degree as possible in high school. Colleges also recognize that students have strengths and weaknesses, and understand that not all students should take 6 honors/AP classes. Your high school program should reflect some attempts at honors/AP work if that interests you and motivates you to success. The selective colleges are interested in your weighted GPA-the GPA that reflects the honors and advanced level courses you completed (only Honors Precalculus and AP courses are weighted). An A or B in an honors or advanced level class suitable for the student’s abilities is generally viewed more favorably than all A’s in less challenging classes. With that said, GPA is important for college admissions.  Students consistently making C’s in honors/AP classes should review their program with their counselor.

Do I need a Visual/Performing Art to go to college?

  • Requirements for colleges and universities vary.  To qualify for the UC/CSU visual and performing art subject requirement, you must take two semesters of approved visual and performing arts within the same area.  There are other private and out of state schools that may not require an art or other requirement.  It is best to check with the university to determine their minimum requirements.

Which science/s do I need for a CSU vs. a UC to meet the minimum requirements?

  • CSU requires Earth Space for Physical Science and Biology for Life Science OR Biology and Chemistry/Physics.  This is the minimum requirement and is subject to change.  Check directly with CSU.
  • UC requires Biology and either Chemistry or Physics (sometimes AP Environmental or Anatomy and Physiology will qualify, see your counselor for specifics)  It is recommended to go above and beyond the minimum requirement.  Two years are required and three years are recommended.  Many student take four years if they are applying to competitive colleges/universities.

Do Psychology, Sociology or AP Psychology count as a science?

  • No, Psychology, Sociology and AP Psychology count as a social science elective.

What is AVID?

  • Advancement Via Individual Determination is a program for students who want to go to a four-year university but for a variety of reasons, need assistance. Check with your counselor about the other qualifications. The program consists of study skills, motivational strategies and tutoring.  

How can I contact my student's teachers?

  • Most teachers prefer email to communicate with parents. You may obtain teacher email addresses through parent portal or on our website under the "Staff" heading. Remember, anytime you have a question or concern about your student's grade or any classroom issues, please contact the teacher first. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.

How can my student sign up for a sport?

  • Students must try out for all LCC team sports. Tryout periods for each sport will depend on the season in which the sport takes place.  See the athletics webpage.   An athletic packet (including) a physical is required to tryout. 

What is a transcript?

  • A transcript is the official record of courses taken, grades earned and current GPA. Student's grades for each semester are posted on the student's transcript.  There are two semester grades per academic year.