- Club Sports
- LCC Athletics Calendar
- Maverick Athletic Boosters
- NCAA Information
- Physical Examination Form (English)
- Concussion Information
- Team Links & Athletic Resources
- Athletic Clearance
- MAX PREPS
- LCC Athletic PE Contract COVID
- Practice Expectations and Covid Guidelines
- Mav Athletics Coaching Staff 22-23
- Athletic COVID Guidelines
- Fall Tryouts Info 22-23
- LCC Athletic Tickets Sold Here
- Career & Technical Education (CTE)
- Independent Study Online
- Independent Study PE
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Google Meet Link & Information about IB Information Night 9/29/2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Link to Recording of Virtual Meeting from 2/3/2021
- COVID-19 Updates from IBO
- What is an IB Education?
- The IB DP Core and Curriculum
- IB Virtual Information Night Presentaion 2/3/2021
- IB Virtual Information Night Presentation 11/8/2020
- IB Diploma Candidate Packet
- IB presentation to SDUHSD School Board on 10/8/19
- IB Information Night for current grade 10 students 1/15/2020
- The IB Learner Profile
- 2021/2022 IB Course Offerings
- Sample Four-year plans (4 total samples) for IB DP
- Encinitas Advocate article about IB
- LCC Information Night for Incoming Freshmen
- IB Information Night for current grade 10 students 1/31/19
- IB Overview for Current 9th Grade Students
- Middle School Overview of IB Information Night 1/16/19
- Del Mar Times Article about IB
- IB DP Calendar of Events
- Information and Videos for Parents and Students about IB
- Parent Pack FAQs from IB
- Contact Information
- IBO Frequently Asked Questions Web Page Link
- LCC Clubs and Club Sports
- Music Department
- LCC MavNation Broadcasts
- Special Education
- Visual and Performing Arts
- LCC MavLife Print
The IB DP Core and Curriculum
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) curriculum sets out the requirements for study of the DP.
The curriculum is made up of the DP core and six subject groups.
Made up of the three required components, the DP core aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
There are different courses within each subject group.