- School Calendar
- Principal's "Coffee-Conn”
- LCC Administration 2023-2024
- Enroll---Welcome to LCC
- Campus Tours
- Campus Map
- School Profile
- School Safety
- Superintendent's Message
- High School Selection/New Students
- LCC's Mission and Vision
Teen Safety--Social Hosting
Keep Our Teens Safe: Know the Law about Social Hosting
The logic seems simple: if our kids are going to engage in the use of alcohol, isn't it safer if they stay home? The logic, however, equates to unintended consequences and, more importantly, is illegal. We in the school community often hear about the effects of what is considered "Social Hosting:"
- Parents can be fined and held fiscally liable for damages, injuries, and municipal recovery costs.
- Students learn of socially hosted parties and share their locations on social. networking apps, such as Instagram, Yik-Yak, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Students construe a socially hosted party to mean that the parent(s) condone the use of drugs or alcohol.
- General Information about SD County Social Hosting Laws (Encinitas)
- FAQ about City of Carlsbad Social Host Ordinances
- Link to San Diego County Sheriff's Department FAQ about Social Hosting
- Find out more about the prevention of adolescent binge drinking